It is the first time that I
- … had to travel abroad pretty much unplanned – at the drop of a hat, you can say though none of us wear hats now a days.
- … traveled unplanned out of a planned trip.
- ... traveled with Malaysian Airlines. I was feeling a bit odd about the flight MH199 – must be recent news related to Malaysian Airlines. But it turned out to be a smooth flight.
- ... was served something that I asked for that was not available. I asked for tomato juice. It was not available. So I was given orange juice. After about two hours, the air-hostess handed me a cup of tomato juice and smiled. And we tip those who don't deserve it.
- ... traveled via Kuala Lumpur
- ... traveled via Malaysia - truly Asia?
- ... was served the smallest quantity in the largest container!! It was not as worst as serving a single pea nut in a bucket. But a bit similar. I asked for something vegetarian to eat at a noodle shop. I went there as I had work to do on my laptop. That noodle shop was the only empty one. Vegetable Soup was the only thing I could eat - so I ordered. It was delivered in the deepest, widest bowl I have seen! In India, we would have called it anything else but a bowl.
- ... have traveled to Australia
- ... saw from air end of the ocean and beginning of land
- ... cleared immigration in under 10 seconds. He saw, he opened and he stamped my passport. No questions asked. No eye contact. No verification. No response. Of course no smile.
- ... have crossed the equator and stepped into southern hemisphere.
- ... have reached both southernmost and easternmost point of my travels.
- ... am watching cricket in a non-home country. I have watched cricket at Bengaluru, Bristol and Cardiff. Both were my home countries. In fact, it is the first time I have watched cricket in a place where I have not lived.
- ... have blogged from the middle of a cricket match
- ... was working while watching a live one day cricket match
Hmm ... who cares for such details! I do. Or I did. For a while, at least.